The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G comes in as a more premium sibling to the Redmi Note 9 5G, packing more capable smartphone hardware, comprising of a faster processor, a more robust camera system, and lots more.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G Key Specs and Features
- 6.67-inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, HDR10, 120Hz Refresh Rate (395 PPI)
- Android 10.0; MIUI 12
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G (8 nm) Processor
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage, with SD-Card Support
- 108MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear-Mounted)
- IP53 Rating
- Water-repellent Coating
- Fast Charging (33W Capacity)
- 4820 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G design brings to mind Poco X3 NFC. Both Android smartphones. They may not bear the exact same aesthetics, but they do share elements that facilitate a resemblance. This is most evident in the front panel.
Upfront, we have a setup that happens to share the same parameters as that of the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC. Here we have a 6.67-inch IPS LCD display with a hole punch resting in the top middle position.
This display has a resolution of 1080 x 2400, a density of 395 PPI, a 120Hz refresh rate, approx 450 nits of maximum brightness, HDR10 support.
Moving on to the rear, we find a set of four cameras arranged in a circular module. Beside that camera module is an LED flash and below the camera module is the Redmi branding, which is sort of more than enough for an enthusiats to tell its a Xiaomi smartphone.
Enthusiats who decide to purchase the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G, will have three colour options and they include Gray, Blue, Red/Mint.
The cameras on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G when put together, may not be the robust camera setup from Xiaomi, but it does have a feature that would have a lot of heads of turning for more inquiring.
Its rear camera setup bears a 108MP primary camera, which places it in a spot to be compared with the likes of the Xiaomi Mi 10 5G which also features a 108MP camera.
The other members of the rear camera setup include an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of F/2.2, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of F/2.2 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of F/2.2.
Selfies are manned by a single 16MP camera supported by a software screen flash.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G’s performance, is championed by an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 750 5G processor, which plays an important role in making it a 5G smartphone.
The other performance facilitators include an Adreno 619 GPU, 6GB / 8GB RAM options, UFS 2.2 storage options of 128GB / 256GB, a non-removable 4820 Li-Po battery.
Enthusiasts will also get a 33W fast charge mechanism, that is expected to offer an 100% charge in 58 mins.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, dual-band Wifi, Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity.
Internet connectivity on here is capped at 5G, which means enthusiast can utilize 5G connectivity for downloads, uploads and streaming.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G:
- Platform: Android 10, MIUI 12
- Processor: Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8nm) (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB
- Colours: Gray, Blue, Red/Mint
- Dimension: 165.4 x 76.8 x 9 mm
- Weight: 215 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.67-inch, IPS LCD 1080 x 2400, HDR10, 120Hz Refresh Rate, 450nits
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 108MP (Primary) F/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) F/2.2 + 2MP (Macro) F/2.2 + 2MP (Depth) F/2.2
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, Panorama, 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16MP, HDR, Panorama, 1080p@30fps, Gyro-EIS
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB (UFS 2.2)
- Memory Card Support: Yes (microSDXC)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 3, 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA/Sub6
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: –
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, GNSS
- Maps: Yes (Google Maps)
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Google Assistant)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes, (IP53 Rating)
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4820mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes (33W, 100% in 58 min)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 5G starts around $243, for the entry level 6GB / 128GB variant, which is around 92,461 Naira in Nigeria, 26,946 KSH in Kenya and 1,420 GHC in Ghana.
The 8GB / 128GB variant costs $274, while the top of the line 8GB / 256GB variant costs $304.
The whole package accrues it the title of the most powerful smartphone that has erupted from the note series, displacing the standard Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro that was released earlier.