Xiaomi Mi 11 is the 2021 iteration. The Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 ultra served as one of the best-valued smartphones providing flagship specs, with prices below the $1000 mark we have become accustomed to seeing. Fast forward to 2021, Xiaomi is once again pulling the same string, with the Xiaomi Mi 11, which has prospects of being one of the best-valued smartphones for 2021.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Mi 11
Xiaomi Mi 11 Key Specs & Features
- 6.81-inch, Super AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3200 Pixels, 515 PPI, 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+
- Android 11; MIUI 12.5
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 (5nm) Processor
- 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 108MP + 13MP + 5MP Quad Rear Camera
- 20MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display)
- 55W Fast Charging (Wired)
- 50W Fast Wireless Charging
- 4600mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Scrutinizing the Xiaomi Mi 11 design and comparing it to its predecessor the Mi 10, reveals that the major changes are on the rear. Instead of having the cameras aligned in a long array, the rear cameras were fixed in a shape that can be likened to a rectangle.
The rectangle looking camera module bears a triple camera and an LED flash, as opposed to the four cameras on its predecessor. More on that later. Also on the rear, is the Xiaomi branding, which indicates it’s a Xiaomi Smartphone.
Please note that enthusiasts who decide to purchase the Mi 11, will have five color options which include Black, White, Blue, Purple, and Khaki.
Moving up front, we are greeted with a familiar set up on a larger and more sophisticated scale. Here we have a 6.81-inch display, as opposed to the 6.67-inch display on the Mi 10.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 bears a 120Hz refresh rate, which is tops the 90Hz refresh rate on the Mi 10. We also get a resolution of 1440 x 3200, a density of 515 PPI which is also an improvement over the Mi 10. Xiaomi also featured the Corning Gorilla Glass Victus for protection, which was also seen on the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
The cameras on the Xiaomi Mi 11 bears some DNA with its predecessor the Mi 10, with a cut in the number of cameras on the rear.
The rear panel bears a 108MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.9, a 13MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.4, and a 123˚ field of view.
The last member of the trio is a 5MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4. This data shows that dedicated depth camera as seen on the Mi 10.
Moving upfront, we have a single 20MP tucked into a punch hole on the display. This camera is supported by an on-screen flash for brighter selfies.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Mi 11 comes in as the first smartphone in the world to run on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor. This processor has a 5nm size, just like the A14 Bionic chip on the Phone 12 series.
This processor is undoubtedly going to end up being par for the course for high-end flagship smartphones to be released in 2021.
The other members of the performance train include options for either 8GB or 12GB of RAM, an option for either 128GB or 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage, an Adreno 660 GPU, and a non-removable 4600mAh Li-Po battery.
Enthusiasts will also get a 55W fast wired charge mechanism, 50W fast wired charging, 10W reverse wireless charging.
On the software side, the Xiaomi Mi 11 runs the MIUI 12.5 user interface on top of the Android 11 operating system.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 features Bluetooth 5.2, dual-band Wi-Fi, NFC, and a USB Type-C port. Please note that the Xiaomi Mi 11 doesn’t feature a 3.5mm headphone jack. Private audio listening is done via type-c headphones or via wireless headphones.
Internet connectivity on the smartphone is capped at 5G. It offers users living in 5G connected areas, with 5G speed.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Price and Availability
Xiaomi Mi 11 price starts at $612 for the base 8GB/128GB model. This price translates to 232,866 Naira in Nigeria, 67,134 KSH in Kenya, and 3,590 GHC in Ghana.
The 8GB / 256GB variant goes for $657, while the top of the line 12GB / 256GB is on sale for $719.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 was announced on December 28th, 2020, and is expected to be available for purchase as of January 1st, 2020.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Mi 11:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm) (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: 8GB, 12GB
- Colours: Black, White, Blue, Purple, Khaki
- Dimension: 164.3 x 74.6 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 196 g (Glass) / 194 g (Leather)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.81-inch AMOLED, 1440 x 3200, 20:9 Ratio, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1500 Nits (Peak), 515 PPI
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 108MP (Primary) f/1.9 + 13MP (Ultrawide), 123˚ FOV, f/2.4, + 5MP (Macro) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, Panorama, 8K@24/30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/480fps; gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 20MP, HDR, Panorama, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA 2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
- 5G: 1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS, NavIC
- Maps: Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Under Display (Optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: 50W Capacity
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4600mAh Li-Po
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 55W Capacity (Wired)