Have you or at any point lost your Android smartphone or tablet without having any tracking App installed on your mobile. At that point, you should read this! This could be your opportunity to recover your valuable gadget. Facilitate your feelings of dread and set up the following framework before your worst-case scenario strikes. For best finding outcomes, your phone ought to be associated with a Wi-Fi Signal, but GPS and mobile network will still manage to figure out how to pinpoint a genuinely precise area. You should likewise have a Google account for virtually all of the tracking services available, regardless of whether they are in built or downloaded.
There are few of phone recovery or anti-theft apps on the Google Play Store which can be a lifeline on the off chance that you lose your phone or, far more terrible, it gets stolen.
In any case, many individuals may just understand that there are such applications after it got lost or stolen. At that point, it usually is too late and you have to face the ugly truth that the phone is gone for good.
The most effective method to track your Android telephone or tablet after it got lost or stolen
Be that as it may, don’t blast out in tears at this time. There’s still seek after your phone to discover its way back to you! There are a couple of approaches to remote control and track your phone regardless of the possibility that you haven’t installed a recovery app before it stolen.
Since we cover many methodologies and approaches to find your Android device, we needed to make it easier for you to explore and include links that immediate direct you to the part you need to peruse first:
How to Locate Find My Device on your Android phone
Almost all newer Android phones, you can see “Find My Device” service is already located in the Settings app, but if you can not find it. Then, you can go to download Find My Device from the Google Play Store. This finding service has basically amalgamated with Google to make finding your phone less demanding. There are only a few things you’ll have to activate.
- Click on Settings.
- Tap Security.
- Go to Device Administration.
- Tap Find My Device so that a checkmark appears in the checkbox.
- Tap the back button in the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap the back button again in the top left corner to return to the main Settings menu.
- Tap Location in the main Settings menu.
- Tap the switch beside Location at the top of the screen so that it turns on.
- Tap Mode.
- Tap High accuracy so the circle is filled in.
- Tap the back button in the top left corner.
- Tap Google Location History.
- Tap the switch beneath Location History so that it turns on.
- Tap the switch beside your device so that it turns on.
How to locate your phone with Google
Should you happen to lose your phone, you can locate its whereabouts by logging into your Google account from any computer or even from another phone.
- Launch a web browser from a phone, tablet, or computer.
- Navigate to Google if it is not your default search engine or home page.
- Type find my phone android in the Google search bar.
- Tap on Find My Device (usually the first option in the search).
Enter your email address and password just as though you were checking your email. If you have 2-step verification set up on your Google account (and you most certainly should), you’ll need to complete that process as well.
When your phone is located, you have three options to choose from:
- You can Ring your phone so that it makes noise (even if you had it on silent). This feature is helpful if the map indicates that the phone is within earshot and you simply can’t see it.
- You can Lock your phone so that the finder can’t access your home screen. This feature is most helpful if your phone wasn’t previously secured with a passcode or a fingerprint sensor.
- You can Erase your phone. This is the best option if you know for certain that you aren’t likely to retrieve your phone.
Read also: Unlocking Your iPhone: Is It The Best Idea
If you are unable to see your phone with Find My Device and it seems the phone is not currently connected to Wi-Fi or an available network. In this case, don’t panic. It’s important to keep trying; the moment your phone does make that connection, it will appear on the map.