The Blackview BV5500 Plus is a midrange rugged smartphone from the company. The device will make a nice buy for those that are looking for something that will stand the test of time.
Where to Buy Blackview BV5500 Plus
It has a tough body making it suitable for those in the military, manufacturing, farming, industrial and also perfect for outdoor or any sports activity. Apart from the cheap price tag, the handset is equipped with a big battery.
Blackview BV5500 Plus Key Specs & Features
- 5.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~262 ppi)
- Android 10
- Octa-core MediaTek MT 6729
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB Built-in Storage up to 32GB Memory Card
- 8 MP + 0.3 MP Dual Rear Cameras
- 5 MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Network
- IP68 Rating Waterproof & Dust Resistant
- Fast Charging
- Non-Removable 4400 mAh Battery
Design and Display
In terms of body design, the company announced the Blackview 5500 Plus with a slogan, Born to be Tough. This explains that the phone is built to withstand drops, dust, vibration, and even extremes temperatures.
It has a high durability score and comes with a shatterproof screen. The IP68 rating can survive 1.5m in water for 30 minutes. The Blackview BV5500 Plus is completely covered with advanced industrial rubber.
This material is what makes the device tough, durable, and also resistant to dust and water. It meets the US military standard MIL-STD-810G certification.
The screen offers a display size of 5.5-inch HD+ with 1440 x 720 pixels resolution. The handset is notch-free with narrow bezels on the top and bottom screen. It packs screen glass protection.
The Blackview BV5500 Plus has dual cameras on the rear panel. It features 8 MP with another 0.3 MP snapper for depth effects. The camera is paired with an LED flash and it can shoot nice photos. There is a high resolution 5 MP shooter on the front for stunning selfies and video calls.
Hardware and Software
The phone is powered with MediaTek MT 6729 Processor based on 32nm process technology. It has a quad-core processor clocking at a speed of 1.5 GHz.
It has a PowerVR GE8100 GPU with an inbuilt storage of 32GB and 3GB RAM. The memory is expandable up to 32GB via micro SDcard.
Battery and Network
The 4400 mAh battery on the smartphone promised to last for 8 hours of online reading, 17 hours of gaming, and even 12 hours of watching movies. The battery lacks fast charging technology which may prolong the changing time.
There is a dual SIM with support for global network connectivity. It has wifi, GPS, FM radio, and Face ID for security since there is no fingerprint scanner.
Blackview BV5500 Plus Price and Availability
The Blackview BV5500 Plus is currently selling at a price of 129.99 and you can buy the phone in Blue, Green, and Yellow colors.
In Nigeria, it will cost 50,000 Naira, about 800 Ghs in Ghana, and 15,000 Ksh in Kenya.
Blackview BV5500 Plus Specs
Here are a few specs of the Blackview BV5500 Plus:
- Platform: Android 10
- Processor: Mediatek MT6739V (32 nm), Quad-core CPU (4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8100
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Black, green, yellow
- Dimension: 152.2 x 75.5 x 14.0 mm
- Weight: 220 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 5.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~262 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 8 MP (wide) + 0.3 MP (depth) Dual cameras, 720p@30fps
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, HDR, Panaroma
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, micro SDcard
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 40(2300)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: GPS / GLONASS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable 4,400mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: No
The post Blackview BV5500 Plus Specs, Price, and Best Deals appeared first on Nigeria Technology Guide.